Google Analytics and ReferralCandy:
- Install Google Analytics to your eCommerce store
- That's it! ReferralCandy automatically sends data straight to your GA dashboard.
- See how many visitors your referral program brings to your store
- Optimize your marketing funnel and adspend by identifying which social networks your customers use to share their referral links
How ReferralCandy Visitors Appear in Google Analytics
ReferralCandy sends a number of events to Google Analytics. Here’s how they’ll appear in Google Analytics:
- In your Google Analytics dashboard, look for Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels. Visitors referred by their friends through ReferralCandy have the UTM_Source referralcandy or refcandy.
- In your Google Analytics dashboard, look for Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium. Visitors referred by their friends through ReferralCandy will show the UTM_Medium, which is the social network your customer shared their referral link on. This list may change in the future, but some that we use now are: facebook, messenger (for shares from Facebook Messenger), twitter, whatsapp, telegram (for Telegram Messenger), and direct (when your customer copies their referral link and shares it directly, without using our provided Share options).
- Depending on the theme for your Emails and Pages, you may only have some Share options available to you.
- For Shopify Stores: Shopify provides their own analytics in your store dashboard, which affects how stats appear in GA. You will see the UTM_Source as referral and the UTM_Medium as affiliate. At present, Shopify does not allow customization of these parameters as they rely on them to monitor app performance and to detect referrals.