Still waiting to receive your reward? There are a couple of potential reasons why you may have not yet received your referral reward even though the friend you referred has made a purchase at the store.
1. Your friend did not click your referral link before making a purchase.
If your referral link is not clicked, no referral will be attributed to you.
2. Your friend clicked someone else's referral link before clicking your referral link to make a purchase.
The referral is attributed to the 1st referral link clicked before a purchase is made.
3. Your friend completed the purchase using a different device and browser from the one used to click your referral link.
Referral tracking is cookie-based and is dependent on the friend completing the purchase in the same browser and device that was also used to click the referral link.
4. Your friend's purchase is below the minimum amount required to be considered for a reward.
A retailer may set a minimum purchase amount for a referred purchase to be considered rewardable and is often communicated as part of the referral program.
5. The minimum number of referred purchases required for a referral reward have not yet been met.
This minimum number is determined by the retailer and is often communicated as part of the referral program. You will receive an email letting you know that a friend used your link to make a purchase and you will receive another email once the purchase is verified and the required number of purchases have been made.
6. The Referred Purchase Review Period is still in effect
You will have received a "Reward Pending" email.
1. You don't have a PayPal account associated with your email address
ReferralCandy sends cash rewards via PayPal to the email address that was used to enroll you in the referral program. After your successful referral, you will receive an email that looks like this:
If you do not have a PayPal account associated with the email address you used for the referral program, you must open a PayPal account to receive your cash reward.
If you wish to change the PayPal account where the reward will be sent, you can click Track your rewards from the email that was sent to you. You will be redirected to your Rewards Page where you can update your PayPal account information.
2. We haven't collected the reward amount from the retailer yet
ReferralCandy pays out cash referral rewards to Advocates on behalf of the retailer only after we have collected the amount from the retailer. Since invoicing happens once a month, there may be up to a month's delay before you receive your cash reward (depending on when we invoice the retailer).
3. You were banned
Merchants are able to ban Advocates at their discretion based on referral behavior (e.g: breaching the Terms & Conditions, fraudulent activities, etc.)
If you were banned, any rewards not yet issued out will be retracted.
Some retailers offer custom gifts (merchandise, points, gift cards) as a reward that they need to fulfill themselves. If you are expecting a custom gift as a reward, kindly reach out to the retailer.
💬 Need help? Click the chat widget on the right to start a conversation. Learn more