2. Check that dynamic checkout variables are available on your eCommerce store's platform.
Customize and insert the purchase and referral tracking code into your purchase complete page just before the </body> tag. Refer to the screenshot below:
The App ID and Secret Key are in the "Plugin tokens" section of your profile page.
You must replace the following dummy fields in the code snippet with dynamic checkout data from your store platform:
- data-fname: Customer First Name
- data-lname: Customer Last Name
- data-email: Customer Email Address
- data-amount: Invoice Amount
- data-currency: Invoice Currency (3 letter code)
- data-timestamp: Purchase Timestamp (UNIX time)
- data-external-reference-id: Invoice Number
- data-signature: Calculated from the MD5 digest of a string containing the email address, first name, invoice amount, order timestamp, and secret key (in that order) separated by commas. Please double check that this is done properly otherwise it will result in a checksum error.
Note: The MD5 signature is calculated based on the following items: MD5(EMAIL,FIRST_NAME, INVOICE_AMOUNT,TIMESTAMP,ACCOUNT_SECRET)
Here's a worked example for your reference:
App ID: THISISMYID
Secret Key: THISISMYKEY
If you have the following invoice,
Name: John Smith
Invoice Amount: USD$10.20
Order Timestamp (in UNIX time): 1396927808
In this example, MD5("firstname.lastname@example.org,John,10.20,1396927808,THISISMYKEY") = eacb54f62a2d989bed54d02f4a171e94
The corresponding div element should therefore be:
<div id="refcandy-mint" data-app-id="THISISMYID" data-fname="John" data-lname="Smith" data-email="email@example.com" data-amount="10.20" data-currency="USD" data-timestamp="1396927808" data-locale="en" data-signature="eacb54f62a2d989bed54d02f4a171e94"></div>