Make it easy for customers to share their referral links by including them in your Mailchimp emails! If you have a fixed list of customers, you can sync them to ReferralCandy and use a merge tag to insert their referral links into your emails.
ReferralCandy also offers an option for you to invite your Mailchimp subscribers to ReferralCandy using our customizable email templates. If you wish to send your referral reach outs via ReferralCandy, read more about how to use the Invite Customer feature.
If you're an advanced user who'd rather send emails about your referral program using Mailchimp, this feature is built especially for you.
1. Find the Mailchimp dashboard by going to Connect Apps > Mailchimp
2. Click on Connect Mailchimp and log in using your Mailchimp email and password.
3. You will see the permission page after logging in. Click on Allow to proceed.
4. You will then be prompted to choose a Mailchimp list to sync to ReferralCandy. If you already have a list, click the tickbox next to it and click on Connect now. Otherwise, click on the X icon on the top right corner of the screen.
5. You are done connecting Mailchimp to ReferralCandy! Note that connecting Mailchimp and syncing your list does not automatically send referral emails to your subscribers.
6. If you have not done so, click on Connect more lists to sync subscribers from your Mailchimp list to ReferralCandy. Note that if new subscribers are added to the list, you would have to sync the list again to generate referral links for the new subscribers.
Adding Referral Links to Mailchimp emails
Go to the Mailchimp email campaign you wish to use.
Click on Edit Recipients and click on the list you wish to send the email to. You can also edit the From and Subject field.
Go to the Content section and click on Edit Design.
Copy and paste the Merge Tag from ReferralCandy into the content of the email. You can also click on the Merge Tag option and select the ReferralCandy Referral Link merge tag from the dropdown.
Preview your email by clicking the Preview on the top right corner. You can follow this article to find out more.
Click on Continue. Depending on your preference, you can Send your emails right away or Schedule it for a later time.
Unique referral links will be generated for each enrolled customer in the connected lists
You will know that the customer had a referral link generated for them because they will be tagged as "Joined ReferralCandy Program" and they will have the merge field "ReferralCandy Referral Link"
As part of the process of generating a referral link for your customers, we may generate or consume coupon codes on your eCommerce platform if you have chosen that option as your reward.
Customers enrolled through Mailchimp connect WILL NOT be sent a referral email and reminder emails from ReferralCandy. To send customers emails from ReferralCandy, Invite Customers instead
Customers enrolled through Mailchimp connect will only know about the referral program if they are sent the referral link through Mailchimp
We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty connecting your Mailchimp lists with ReferralCandy. Connecting your lists can take up to 2 business days. If it's been longer than that, please contact our support team through the ReferralCandy app immediately.
Lists with more than 30 merge fields cannot be connected: this is a restriction imposed by Mailchimp. Consider duplicating the list without the other merge fields, just for use with ReferralCandy.