The single most important success factor is to get as many people to know about your referral program as possible.
At the heart of it, referral programs are a simple numbers game. The MORE people that are actively participating in your referral program, the MORE likely you are to get referrals.
Here are 3 quick ways to do just that:
1. Feature your referral program prominently on your website and in your marketing collateral (e.g. newsletters etc.).
- Every visitor to your website and every reader of your marketing collateral should learn about your referral program if they don't know about it already (e.g. large featured image, an eye-catching headline, etc.).
- Visitors can signup for your referral program directly and refer friends even if they haven't bought from you before. They might know friends who are interested in purchasing from you. Ensure that your ReferralCandy Portal Access Page allows "Existing Advocates + New Signups".
- Your ReferralCandy Portal Access Page link can be found on your Dashboard page, under "Referral program summary > 3. Campaign Settings".
2. Invite past/existing customers to your referral program via the Invite Advocates feature.
- 83% of satisfied customers are willing to refer products and services! Give them an opportunity to do so and reward them for it.
- This is your best source of initial referrals as they already have experience with your product/service and may have had friends asking them about it.
- Your Invite Advocates feature can be found here.
3. Post regularly about your referral program on social media to keep it on top of your advocates and followers' mind.
- You never know when a friend might ask an advocate for a recommendation for a similar product/service. You want to make sure that you're the first thing that the advocate thinks of whenever that happens!
- Advocates and followers might occasionally miss out on your messaging so make sure you post regularly.