If you're using Shopify:
.. and an order is cancelled, ReferralCandy will automatically disqualify the associated referred purchase. We have a feature which detects when a purchase in Shopify is:
- Cancelled and refunded before being fulfilled
- Fully refunded but not cancelled before being fulfilled
- Partially refunded but not cancelled before being fulfilled
- Fully refunded after being fulfilled
- Partially refunded after being fulfilled
Simply put, this means that ReferralCandy will automatically detect the 5 scenarios above and process appropriately.
ReferralCandy will modify the order amount accordingly but leave the order intact.
Note: You MUST set your referred purchase review period within the range of your store’s return policy to ensure that our system can automatically cancel a referred purchase. If for example you set a review period of 7 days, but an item is returned 14 days later our system will NOT cancel that purchase as it has already lapsed the set 7 day review period.
For all other platforms:
To delete a referred purchase or to disqualify a referral made by an advocate, you will first have to set a referred purchase review period during which referred purchases can be disqualified or deleted. Otherwise referred purchases are immediately marked as valid and commission will be charged if applicable once the review period has passed.
|Delete a referred purchase||Disqualify a referred purchase||Ban an advocate|
|When should I do this?||When a referred purchase has been cancelled or returned||When you believe a referral made by an advocate is fraud. You want to disqualify this referral but still let the advocate participate in your referral program.||When you believe an Advocate to be engaging in many fraudulent activities.|
|What happens when I do this?||Only this referred purchase will be cancelled||All referred purchases between this Referred Friend <> Advocate pair will also be disqualified||The advocate can no longer participate in your referral program. Read more about banning an advocate here.|
To delete a purchase or to disqualify a referral:
1. Go to your account's Purchases & Referrals page.
2. Search for the referred purchase that you want to flag as invalid by entering the name, email address or invoice amount of the purchase in the search box.
3. Once you locate the row with the referred purchase, click the Delete dropdown on the right of the row.
4. If you want to disqualify the referral, choose the "Disqualify this referral" option. If you want to delete the referred purchase, choose the "Delete this purchase" option. If you want to ban the advocate, chose "Ban this advocate" option
5. Once the referred purchase is deleted or disqualified, an email will be sent out to the advocate to let him/her know that he/she is no longer eligible for the reward (if he/she was originally eligible for one due to the referred purchase).
Referred purchases can only be deleted or disqualified during this referred purchase review period. After the referred purchase review period has ended, you will not be able to disqualify the referral or delete the referral from your dashboard.
If you still wish to delete the purchase or disqualify the referral, our engineers can help you do this in our backend system please contact us. Please note that we will not be able to recall any rewards that have already been issued.