For example, if you set this to "A friend's first purchase + 1 of friend's subsequent purchase" (this example assumes that it takes 1 referred purchase to get 1 reward):
- Mary shares her referral link with Joe.
- Joe clicks the referral link and clicks through to your store.
- Joe makes a purchase at your store, and the app detects that Mary has made a referral.
- A reward is sent to Mary.
- Joe makes a second purchase at your store. The app detects this and that Mary is eligible for a reward for Joe's second purchase.
- A reward is sent to Mary for Joe's second purchase.
- Joe makes a third purchase at your store. The app detects this but does not send a reward to Mary (as you've only set the system to reward advocates for a friend's first 2 purchases).
To change this setting:
- Go to your Referral Reward page.
- Go to the box with the title "Conditions for reward".
- In the item "The advocate will be rewarded for the friend’s...", click the "[Edit]" link.
- Select the number of repeat purchases by a friend you'd like to reward the advocate for and it will be automatically saved.
Note: ReferralCandy only charges commission on the first 3 purchases that a referred friend makes from any given advocate's referral link.