Standard Integration: Forwarding/BCCing invoice emails to ReferralCandy
Here are some common questions related to Forwarding / BCCing your invoice emails to ReferralCandy:
|Why do I need to forward / BCC my invoice emails to ReferralCandy?
||We need to receive your invoice emails for the following reasons:
Once ReferralCandy receives and processes the invoice email, the new customer is added to your campaign and appears on your campaign dashboard as an advocate.
- Determine which of the purchases were a result of referrals. To do this, ReferralCandy first needs information about all purchases/orders, so that the referral detection mechanism can run to determine which purchases were referred by a advocate.
- Determine if referred purchases are fraudulent (i.e. The system prevents people who have made a purchase before from being flagged as referrals, only new customers will be flagged as referrals). To do this, the app needs to get information on all customers that make a purchase.
- Send post-purchase emails on your behalf to your customers to invite them to your referral program.
|Do I need to forward / BCC all of my invoice emails to ReferralCandy?
||Yes, the ReferralCandy platform will sort through all the purchases and help you figure out which purchases came from referrals and which ones did not.
If you wanted to only send us those invoices that came from referrals, then you would somehow already know which purchases are the result of referrals, and therefore would not need to use ReferralCandy.
|What email address should I forward / BCC my invoice emails to?
||Invoices should be sent to your unique ReferralCandy dropbox email address which can be found on the integrations page of your ReferralCandy dashboard, in the box titled "2. Forward or BCC invoice emails".
|What information needs to be present in the invoice emails that are forwarded / BCCed?
||They need to contain the following information (in no particular order):
- First name of the customer
- Last name of the customer
- Email address of the customer (this should be in email body or the ‘To’ field)
- Total invoice amount and 3 Letter Currency Code (see here)
- Preferred language of the customer**
**ONLY if you are running a referral program in multiple languages