Email Integration: Forwarding/BCCing invoice emails to ReferralCandy
Forwarding or BCCing your invoice emails to ReferralCandy
is one of two steps required as part of the Email Integration to integrate ReferralCandy into your store. The other is to Add referral tracking code.
|Why do I need to forward / BCC my invoice emails to ReferralCandy?
||We need to receive your invoice emails for the following reasons:
Once ReferralCandy receives and processes the invoice email, the new customer is added to your campaign and appears on your campaign dashboard as an advocate.
- Determine which of the purchases were a result of referrals. To do this, ReferralCandy first needs information about all purchases/orders, so that the referral detection mechanism can run to determine which purchases were referred by a advocate.
- Determine if referred purchases are fraudulent (i.e. The system prevents people who have made a purchase before from being flagged as referrals, only new customers will be flagged as referrals). To do this, the app needs to get information on all customers that make a purchase.
- Send post-purchase emails on your behalf to your customers to invite them to your referral program.
|Do I need to forward / BCC all of my invoice emails to ReferralCandy?
||Yes, the ReferralCandy platform will sort through all the purchases and help you figure out which purchases came from referrals and which ones did not.
If you wanted to only send us those invoices that came from referrals, then you would somehow already know which purchases are the result of referrals, and therefore would not need to use ReferralCandy.
|What email address should I forward / BCC my invoice emails to?
||Invoices should be sent to your unique ReferralCandy email address which can be found on the integration page of your ReferralCandy dashboard, in the box titled "1. Forward purchases to ReferralCandy".
|What information needs to be present in the invoice emails that are forwarded / BCCed?
||They need to contain the following information (in no particular order):
*If and only if you're sending invoice emails to ReferralCandy immediately when the customer views the purchase completed "Thank you" page where the Referral tracking code was inserted (e.g. if you BCC ReferralCandy in the email you send your customer), item 5 is optional.
- First name of the customer
- Last name of the customer
- Email address of the customer (this should be in email body or the ‘To’ field)
- Total invoice amount and 3 Letter Currency Code (see here)
- Preferred language of the customer**
**ONLY if you are running a referral program in multiple languages