An advocate who is blocked will still receive referral and reminder emails from ReferralCandy regarding your referral program but the advocate will not be eligible to earn future referral rewards and not receive any reward emails even if he / she refers friends to make a valid referred purchase using their unique referral link. The advocate will not be able to log in to their Portal Rewards Page to view if they have earned any referral rewards.
The only exception to this is if the retailer manually indicates in the dashboard that this blocked advocate has made a referral purchase. This advocate will then be eligible to earn this particular referral reward and will receive a reward email.
Note: Blocking an advocate will not affect pending rewards (due to the referred purchase review period, if any) that were earned before the advocate was blocked. So, if you'd like the advocate to not receive any pending rewards, you will have to mark them as invalid manually.
(See also: Unsubscribing an advocate)
To block an advocate:
- Go to your Advocates page.
- In the search box, enter the name or email of the advocate you'd like to block.
- Once you locate the advocate, click the advocate's name to get to the individual advocate's page.
- At the individual advocate's page, click the red 'Block' button on the top right corner.
- Once the button is clicked, the page will reload and a grey 'Blocked' label will appear beside the advocate's email address.