For example, setting the delay to X number of days will result in advocates receiving the referral email X days after their purchase. This delay is often used by retailers to send the referral email to advocates typically after their orders have been shipped to them.
We recommend that you send the referral email either immediately or as soon as it makes sense for you to do so to increase the likelihood that your advocates will engage with the referral program.
If you are on the updated dashboard (how can I tell?):
- Go to "Edit Referral Program > Settings".
- In the dropdown menu under "Post-Purchase Referral Email", toggle it to your desired delivery time
If you are on the previous dashboard (how can I tell?):
- Go to the Email & Pages section of your dashboard
- In the Referral Email tab, click the [Edit] link in the first bullet point
- Select the desired delay from the dropdown box
- The change will be updated automatically